Friday, December 9, 2022

Documenting the Revolution

Duer, D. (2022, Dec. 8). Baker (Jobs of My Youth #5). David Duer Blog.

Here, a friend of mine tells about his experience at Morning Glory Bakery. All true, too, I believe, even the part about his having a crush on all the women he worked with. I think he gets more details about the place right, and I think that kind of documenting is good. Someone should write a serious, non-fiction, true account of the whole blessed story.

But if all one does is capture the magic of working and living down in that basement restaurant/bakery, that's still enough. It was special, a special time in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UI Hosps

I maintain that the University of Iowa hospitals is one of the best art museums in the state, if not the best. It's full of wonderful ar...